Saturday, May 12, 2012

Overture

It seems necessary to have a "first blog post." An announcement of some sort, that I'm here and I'm going to be talking about ... something. I'm not sure what yet. I don't have a topic schedule or anything. I might, at some point. We'll see how this goes. Full disclosure: I'm not sure what I have to offer the world of blogging. I'm just one more writer who also loves music and film. I have passionate opinions about the art of story, what works and what doesn't. Those opinions might show up here.

I'm also a Christian. I want every word I write (here and elsewhere) to honor and bring glory to my Creator and my Savior. 

I have noticed that a lot of writers' blogs are aimed toward fellow writers. Here a tip, there a tip on how to create a novel. My brain tends to veer in that direction, too; and of course, those blogs are needed. However, most of the future readers of my series (should God bless me with my life's goal: a publishing contract) won't be writers. And I've decided they (you?) are the people I want to talk to here. Kind of pointless to blog about how to write a book when the majority of you will never attempt such a crazy task.

So, anyway. At the risk of sounding like a 19th-century narrator ...

Hello, readers.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "I'm going make a blog post about what I'm going to blog about and in that blog post I'm going to say I don't know what I'm going to blog about." You talk like a psychiatrist. You should probably spend less time with me.

      You should blog about your imaginary friends that you call characters and explain how they tell you what to do in contrast to authors who tell their characters what to do.

      Delete
  2. It felt awkward to start in with an actual topic of discussion. So I did this first instead.

    Hm. Okay, I might post thoughts on that. Though I won't be calling them imaginary friends. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it. It's something of a mission statement. Let's not have it be a Jerry Maguire result though! ;) Good luck to you, Amanda and can't wait to read some more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are cute, and I can't wait to hear more of your brilliant thoughts on fiction as a fellow writer and reader. So, you know those blog posts you keep saying you're going to write, the blog posts I've been eagerly anticipating? Get on them.

    Please. :)

    ReplyDelete